If you’re thinking about selling your house, here’s how much money you can get
Sellers are asking about cash for houses in Connecticut – they want to know how much they will get if they sell their house. If you’re thinking of selling and wondering how much you might get, this blog post will help to answer that question.
An Important Definition
Since this blog post will be read by people all over Connecticut (and surrounding areas), with various price prices reflected throughout the area, it’s difficult to write about a specific dollar figure. However, here’s an important concept that will help you understand how much people pay cash for houses in Connecticut…
On The Market: When a house sold “on the market”, that means it’s usually listed by a real estate agent and sold after several potential buyers have seen the property and at least one has made an offer. Houses sold on the market will often be sold for approximately the same amount that other similar houses in the area have sold for. This is called “market price”.
Off The Market: When a house is sold “off the market”, that usually means the homeowner has decided to sell their home directly to a buyer instead of list their home. Houses sold off the market will often be sold for slightly less than their market price, this is called “below market price.”
At CT Cash Homes, we are professional home buyers who buy houses off the market. To learn more about what we do, click here to fill out the form or call us now at (860) 249-0950
You might be reading this and asking, “why would anyone accept below market price, and less cash for houses in Connecticut than others?”
That’s a good question but there’s more to the story:
- Selling on the market usually means you’re selling it to a person who will choose to live in the house. They’re buying the house for themselves and their family. But when you sell off the market, you’re often selling to a company that might be investing in your house to turn it into a rental property or to renovate it and sell it.
- Selling on the market usually means the buyer needs financing. Selling off the market, in a private sale, often means that a professional home-buying company is will to pay cash for houses in Connecticut. (That’s why some people prefer to sell off the market – they don’t want to wait for the seller to get financing; they want to know they’ve sold the house right away).
- Selling on the market actually costs money… sometimes a lot of money. If your house needs renovations and repairs, you usually have to spend money to fix up your house before you sell it on the market. However, when you sell it off the market, such as to a company like us at CT Cash Homes, you may be able to sell your house as-is – saving the money (and the time and hassle).
- Selling on the market through an agent will often result in commissions and fees to the agent for the work they did to sell your house. But selling off the market to a home buying company like CT Cash Homes usually means no commissions or fees or closing costs.
How much can you get for your home? Selling on the market may mean you sell your house for more money but it takes longer and costs more; selling off the market may mean you sell your house for below market price but it’s faster and there are no expenses or fees.
So, how much will sellers get in cash for houses in Connecticut? It depends on how you sell – on the market or off the market… and that is determined by how quickly you want to sell and how much time and money you’re willing to invest to sell.
Who Is CT Cash Homes And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Connecticut?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Connecticut home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Connecticut community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Connecticut real estate, so please feel free to call us at (860) 249-0950 and chat with us anytime.