- its geometric considerations, such as shape and size
- its material, which we refer to as its coating.
Roofs are affected by an array of factors, such as sunlight and inclement weather. Some roofing materials, such as asphalt, will be easier to treat because they’re more durable. Metal roofs in particular are also known for their durability.
All roof coatings are different from the underlying material used to build a roof. Coatings are what help maintain your roof in the face of external factors. There are many benefits to roof coatings. These include:
- Improved protection: Roof coatings can help protect your roof from severe weather, especially hail. Hailstones can cause extreme damage to your roof, but roof coatings add an additional layer of protection.
- Cost savings: A new roof can cost you thousands of dollars. Roof coatings typically only require about 30% to 40% of the price of a full tear-off.
- Energy savings: These coatings can help reduce the amount of energy needed to cool your home. Most roof coatings have reflective properties, which means that the coating will reflect the ultraviolet (UV) rays that hit your roof and cause it to heat up instead of absorbing the heat.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROOF COATING
The different types of roof coating center around addressing the varying factors your roof will face. Here are a few other types of roof coating and their respective benefits:
Elastomeric Roof Coatings: Elastomeric coatings contain elastic properties. This flexibility means the roof’s surface can stretch without being damaged. These coatings allow for building movement and thermal expansion due to hot weather. Non-bituminous roof coatings tend to be elastomeric.
Reflective Roof Coatings: Reflective coatings reflect the sun’s rays. These coatings tend to be white or to include other particularly reflective colors. Reflective coatings fall under the ‘cool roof’ category. These coatings are capable of decreasing a roof’s temperature by up to 60 degrees.
Polymer-Modified Roof Coatings: Polymer-modified coatings are bituminous coatings that have a polymer addition to improve its performance. Polymer-modified coatings allow for better flexibility, are longer-lasting, but are more expensive than unmodified coatings.
Superior Seamless Roofing
At Superior Seamless Roofing, we stand behind the very best commercial roofing systems, which is why we recommend ASTEC roofs to our commercial clients. As the only contractors in all of Connecticut authorized to install ASTEC roofing systems, we’re dedicated to equipping the United States with the best in commercial roofing as commercial roofing contractors.
Once you know the kind of roof coating you need for your application, you’ll want to find a brand or manufacturer that supplies quality roof coatings that provide your desired results. Our Expandothane is another product we recommend produced by Dow Chemical offers high corrosion resistance, hail resistance, excellent physical properties, and waterproofs your roof. Contact the experienced team at Superior Seamless Roofing if you are considering waterproofing your roof. We’ll make honest recommendations that fit your buildings needs.
from CDP Stucco can provide an inspection to give you back peace of mind.
Contact us today for an inspection of your cracked stucco repair! If you are interested in Stucco Installation or Stucco Repair, call the experts at CDP Stucco now at 850-259-2283
Leave A Comment